Happy Friday everyone! Some days you just have to laugh at the craziness of your life. If you have a toddler or know someone who does, I hope you’ll also find encouragement in knowing that you are not alone in the comical days of toddlerhood!
You might have a toddler if…..
- You’ve heard a little voice say “bye-bye poo-poo” from outside the bathroom door after you flush.
- You’ve ever woken up to a child staring quietly at you in your bed. This is just freaky!
- You no longer need an alarm clock, because your toddler will wake you before the sun comes up.
- You’ve put your child to “afternoon nap” at 10am and hoped they didn’t “notice”.
- You’ve learned the basics of sign language and have found yourself using it on your husband and friends as though this is somehow normal.
- You find random half-eaten food and toys in your kitchen cabinets.
- Your “quiet time” alone with the Lord is no longer quiet or alone.
- You speak in 3 word sentences, but don’t feel barbaric at all.
- You’ve accidentally made lunch for your kids at 9:45AM, because you had been up for so long that it felt like lunchtime.
- Your “potty trainer” inspects the toilet after you are done and comments, “oh gwoss!”
- You call yourself a “warrior” after surviving the “battle” known as “meal time”.
Yes, I have experienced every one of these things!! Life with toddlers is anything but boring. If you have a toddler, squeeze them tight and play together as long as you can today. This time passes so quickly and once it’s gone, it’s gone. Remember, you’ll have years to sleep in and find solitude in the bathroom once they are grown…or so I hear!